Thursday, October 06, 2011

Meet The Players

If all the world's a stage, then I suppose we should meet the players on that stage. And the writer, hm?

I'm the Caffeine Chica. I may get myself a shorter nickname at some point in the future, we'll see what happens. I like video games, Stephen King, and caffeine (duh). In fact, some say I'm addicted to that last one, but I live with enablers, so it's all good.

For the most part this blog will consist of anecdotes from my everyday life. Some of them might even be funny.

The People I Live With: Sometimes called my parents. I'm not some angsty teenager, so I'll refrain from bitching about them endlessly. Mostly because they're generally decent folk, but also because that's not interesting to read about. They're both nice, and while they may come up in stories, I don't think they'll feature too heavily. But hey, we'll see what happens.

Other People: Mainly my co-workers at the gas station I currently work at. A lot of my stories will be about them, and while there may be some bitching, I'll try to keep it from just being a lot of me whining. Here's a short rundown of co-workers.

Boss - He's my boss. He's awesome and I like working for him, though he can be a bit scatterbrained at times.
Boss' Wife - The wife of the boss, who is in charge of keeping track of our (surprisingly big) inventory at the store. She's also a nice person, and I generally get along with her.
April - She's the woman that works the weekday morning shift. An older lady, and not very personable. I normally take over for her in afternoons.
Meat man - Our resident butcher. He's an ass and I dislike him, so expect to see nearly everything about him mocked.
Jane - One of my fellow evening/weekend shift employees. She's older than the rest of the evening/weekend crew, but generally friendly and easy to get along with. She has past drama with Emily.
Emily - A girl about my age, also on evening/weekend crew. I hate working with her only because I can never find a subject to talk with her about, so the hours seem to drag on and on.
Rick - Our weekend guy, a high school student involved in sports. He's the newest employee, though he does well at the job. He's friends with former employee Cole.
Cole - A former employee who quit after going to college and finding another job closer to school. Still comes in on weekends and hangs out, though.
Drake - Another former employee, who was fired. His firing is a story in and of itself, however, that will be told in due time. No one really likes Drake.

There are of course other people to talk about (such as the manager of the diner in the same building), but they'll come with time.

And damn if this doesn't seem like I'm writing a play. Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment